[TowerTalk] refurbish a Thrust bearing ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] refurbish a Thrust bearing ?
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 12:52:25 -0700
Hi Guys,

I 'm no PE, as you all should know by now, but I still have an opinion (as you
should all know by now).

Anyway, there are a couple of key pieces of information left out of the original
scenerio.  Nothing is said about wind so we have to assume zero wind and
nothing is
said about the load being unbalanced on one side of the mast or the other so we
have
to assume balance.  This being the case, I agree with Barry: there is no side
load
on the rotator in either case.

The model you have chosen to evaluate is too simplified and does not include
enough
data to allow a reasonable analysis.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

--