Topband

Re: Topband: 9M2AX finally after 15 years

To: "ve6wz@shaw.ca" <ve6wz@shaw.ca>, Top Band List List <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 9M2AX finally after 15 years
From: Steve Lawrence via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 12:55:03 -0800
Steve - Congrats!

It's the early days of my chasing DXCC on 160M. I'm listening everyday just
before sunrise to catch anything in the Pacific while also having stayed up
late hoping for an opening as sunrise moved across Europe.

It's March 6, 2004 around my sunrise. No signals on 160 CW as was typical. I
call CQ DX. 1400Z. 9M6AX calls me. The report per Ross' card: "479 QRNN." My
log says he was 559.

I figuratively fell out of my chair.

73 - Steve WB6RSE

(10 minutes later I call CQ DX again. This time VK6DXI calls.)