Topband

Re: Topband: Using 4 - 6 elevated radials in lieu of 120 buried wires

To: Wes Stewart <n7ws@yahoo.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>, Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Using 4 - 6 elevated radials in lieu of 120 buried wires
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 10:08:26 -0600
I guess this list doesn't pass images sorry.

Joe WB9SBD

On 1/5/2024 9:55 AM, Joe wrote:
I beg to differ on the High Maintenance possibility.
I live in Southwest Wisconsin the Deer hunting capital of maybe the world.
There are deer in my yard every day.
We have wind storms,
We have Ice storms, Bad ones like take down professional broadcast tower Ice storms.

Yet my 40 meter 1/4 wave vertical has been up for 20+ years.
The base is up 10 feet,
The radials act as sloping guy wires. the ends only 2 feet above the ground. So prime Deer attack prey.
 It has yet to have issues from Deer or weather,
View from base looking up.

And view  during a 60 Mph+ storm.

Joe WB9SBD