Topband

Topband: AM Broadcast Filter recommendation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: AM Broadcast Filter recommendation
From: Steve Muenich <srmuenich@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 15:19:07 -0600
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a recommendation for an AM Broadcast filter for my receive
only input.
Unfortunately I live 2 miles form 910 khz AM so their 2nd harmonic wipes
out 1820. For the most part I work around it and stay up higher in the band.
There are other stations in the area of course that I'd like to knock down
their signal further.
I'm currently using an older 20+ year old ICE BCB filter that when swept on
my tracking generator only attenuates -25db at 1700khz. The band would be
absolutely unuseable without it.

My receive antennas are 4xHi-Z array and a single NE facing beverage

I'm looking for a newer filter that has better performance and
attenuation below 1800khz.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Steve, NA5C