Topband

Topband: 4W8X results on Top band

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 4W8X results on Top band
From: Rune Øye <rune.e.oye@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 13:53:58 -0500
All,

It clearly shows that having a dedicated topband operator gives the result.
I have enjoyed reading Dietmars update here on the reflector, and I am very
much agreeing with him on what is a good QSO or not. 2045 CW Q`s and 1271
Q`s on FT8 is a good number. I personally don’t use FT8 private, but I have
used it on expeditions to try maximizing topband Q`s. I was lucky to get
4W8X as a new one on TB after about 5-6 days. Shortly after I traveled in
South America and Caribbean so was not able to follow Georgs`s K8R attempt
on TB. New projects are slowly developing and will have focus on TB 😊

Enjoying your radio

73,

Rune LA7THA