Topband

Re: Topband: KH8/AA7JV

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: KH8/AA7JV
From: James Cizek <james.m.cizek@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2023 06:32:40 -0700
I've been listening for KH8 as it would be ATNO for me.
This morning, KH8/KN4EEI had a great FT8 signal (-5 to about -9 every
period) into Colorado for the 30 minutes I was trying to work him (roughly
1100-1125Z) but didn't seem like they were hearing too well.  They were
answering mostly Japan and answering them many times over before
completing.  I was never heard (or at least responded to)

When they switched to CW on 1.836.5, the signal was very weak, but probably
workable. Unfortunately I have a local birdie *exactly* on 1.836.5 so I was
hearing occasional CW beating with the local carrier but was unable to copy
well enough to call back.  The signal faded completely about an hour before
my local SR (gone about 1230Z)

George, will there be more days there?  Looking forward to trying again if
so!
73
James
KI0KN