Topband

Re: Topband: Poor Conditions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Poor Conditions
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 03:06:09 -0700
On 10/28/2023 2:04 AM, Roger Kennedy wrote:
But I had to get OFCOM involved a couple of years ago when I suddenly had S9
+30dB hash all over the band, which seemed to be coming from every house
down the street. They sussed it out within a couple of hours, and removed
the offending faulty PSU.

For about 25 years, I've served as Vice-Chair of the EMC Working Group of the Standards Committee of the Audio Engineering Society, an international body that includes members in the UK and EU. Over that 25 years, my impression has always been that adherence to, and enforcement of, EMC Standards has significantly better on the eastern side of the pond.

73, Jim K9YC