Topband

Topband: For a Bog how bent is too bent

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: For a Bog how bent is too bent
From: John Sexton <bubafish@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 11:47:27 +0000
Hi all I have a roughly 2 acre lot.  Looking to install a BOG.  Due to House,
driveway, Brook, etc to get the wire I would need to bend things a bit.  What
Im wondering is how much is too much.  Is something like a 45degree bend going
to make this thing useless?  Or is the only  way Im ever going to know is to
just run out the wire and see.  Part of this is Im not the most mobile I ever
was.  Some of the areas are heavily wooded with a few generations of
deadfall/cudzoo etc.  Fishing for ideas Prefer to keep it on the ground ( I
know that's a compromise in the first place.  Also would there be any
use/benefit of placing a loop  on the ground as far as noise reduction is
concerned?   Loop could be rectangular or square say 100 or so feet on a side?

Just fishing around for ideas

I have read about pendants and ewe's (my mentor back in the day was Floyd
Wa2wvl)  and traditional beverages .  Just want to keep it on the ground and
see what else I can hear.

thanks all
 73 de John KO1H
Van Buren ME