Topband

Re: Topband: E51D on 160 Tonight

To: "GEORGE WALLNER" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: E51D on 160 Tonight
From: WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 17:16:59 +0000
Geo, many thanks for the qsos, and sorry about the dupes, I got up about 0915Z and by the time I got to the shack, there you were, pretty good copy , but deep qsb at times here in NW PA, just south of Lake Erie. I called a couple of times, and bang, I was pretty sure you came back to me, but I couldnt really believe it. I missed 160m last season , no antenna up, and when I realized I needed E51-N for a new one on topband, I threw an inverted L together yesterday and kinda/sorta got it in the air.....the vertical section is fine, the horizontal part is a real mess. A friend mentioned on the reflector that he didnt think we completed the qso., so I called again, my apologies for the dupes, Other than the QSB, you had a very FB signal, thanks again for the new one on TB.....

73, Jamie WW3S