Topband

Topband: E51D on 160 Tonight

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: E51D on 160 Tonight
From: "GEORGE WALLNER" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 07:15:25 -0400
G'day Top Banders,
I got on TB at 1100 Z. Noise from a tropical system north of us (we are -9 degrees, south of the Equator) was causing extreme QRN. I could barely copy S9+ stations. Normally TS noise comes in crashes separated by seconds. This time the crashes were virtually continuous. QSY-d to 80, where the noise was less, but still troublesome. I know that many wanted me to work TB, but it was impossible tonight. Will be back tomorrow at 1100 Z, hoping for better CONDX.

73,
George