Topband

Re: Topband: VP6A

To: "GEORGE WALLNER" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VP6A
From: "m.r.c." <mrc02@kinderteacher.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 15:01:47 -0700
Hi George

I could hear you well enough on 1827.5 to ID over my city lot S8 noise in So Calif, but no chance you would hear my 100 watts and a random wire

The guys fussed at me when I added a dozen full length radials to the Titanex - we already had about 8 - it was up on the hard pan of the lava bed not down at the water.

and we had stagger paired 1000 ft beverages that made it work like a 5 element beam - and in the MUCH better part of the solar cycle.

I don't think getting the radials into the water would be of any benefit - just full length so that the RF current had someplace to flow with the short radiator..

thanks for making this possible. Its a huge improvement over the monster infrastructure we had to set up. More antenna of course is always better, but not having to build and maintain living and operating quarters is an incredible improvement- even to just operator fatigue - we had 7 stations and only 12 ops

73

Robin
WA6CDR/VP6DX

----- Original Message ----- From: "GEORGE WALLNER" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>