Topband

Re: Topband: AM broadcast multiplexing

To: Phil Lefever <kb0nes@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: AM broadcast multiplexing
From: Eric Scace K3NA <eric@k3na.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 10:56:13 -0600
Being so close to the transmitter site. it's quite possible that you are
experiencing receiver front end overload, and your receiver is generating some
of these signals.

You might wish to try the AM “brickwall” filter
<https://www.qsl.net/wb5wpa/Filter/AM%20Brick-Wall%20160%20Meter%20Filter.pdf>.
DX Engineering sells them for $195
<https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dlw-fl1718>. I have used one in many
measurement situations at locations even closer than yours — it’s quite
effective in knocking down AM broadcast signals to a level that eliminates
receiver overload and internal IMD product generation.

— Eric K3NA