Topband

Topband: Verticals on the beach

To: wa5rtg@gmail.com, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Verticals on the beach
From: Kenny Silverman <kenny.k2kw@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 15:57:58 -0500
Stan ZF9CW said:

For the verticals I have put up on a temporary basis very close to the water, I
am pleased with just two elevated radials.  I tried radials on the ground and
in the water but as you and others have said, everything changes with the tide
and when the waves get big.

If anyone had a protected area to eliminate the waves and then something that
would float with copper sheeting on the bottom, that would be great!  My
permanent antenna, a shunt fed tower, is not as close to the water (about 70
feet away)

Stan, If installing a vertical at
The waters edge is easy enough, that should be much better than the one 70’
back. With the vertical at the waters edge, you have more directions over salt
water

Regards , Kenny