Topband

Re: Topband: 160 today (11/15/22)

To: Ron Spencer <ron.spencer@zoho.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 today (11/15/22)
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 16:31:29 -0700
FB on Asia picking up for you Ron.
Indeed the JAs and Kim where very strong here this morning.

Also on the band is Dieter, DL3DXX from his HS0ZFE station getting ready for
CQWW.
I heard him call Kim HL5IVL, then he moved up the band and called CQ.
He got my call ok on my second call, so he has good ears.
He was best on the west RX, which is a skew path. (Direct path is very NE)

My RBN skimmers were working overtime this morning.

FYI, With my new RX system using splitters and switches allows me to RX in
multiple directions at the same time.
I now have 2 dedicated 160m skimmers, and usually one is on the VK-ZL RX, while
the other is Asia.
I am splitting out each skimmer with unique names so I can track each and do
some antenna evaluation over the winter.
You may see VE6WZ-1, and VE6WZ-2.

73, de steve ve6wz