Topband

Re: Topband: J28MD, conditions

To: sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Topband: J28MD, conditions
From: Hans Hjelmström <sm6cvx@hjelmstrom.se>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 12:55:26 +0100
THANKS Ed /N1UR for telling ,,,how it really is..

I have also given up ,more or less, on the situation.

6 meter is killed on CW/SSB.  ONLY TZ4AM and TT8SN together
with some few Europeans still stay trying to activate CW/SSB. 95% of all others
use FT 8 ,and says its a Qso.   Not for me. Never mind if conditions allow
regular CW/SSB connections or not.

I have not made a single Qso on 160/80  for a few years.YES I have given up.

I have ,however, started to call CQ on CW/SSB on 21,24 and 28 mc lately.
I make good OLD way QSO:s ,given report,name,qth, station info and even
WX. ITS real fun.  BUT also here VERY FEW active Hams .
In my opinion,thats the problem,lack of activity on CW/SSB.
ONLY during BIG contests ,there is very good activity on CW/SSB ,
BUT between these,very very few active. So this is the way the hobby we
loved is going…SAD.

ARRL ,in my opinion, has really taken some strange decisions.

Take care and enjoy whats left of it.
Hans  SM6CVX