Topband

Re: Topband: H40TT on 160m

To: Larry <pacer99@aol.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: H40TT on 160m
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 16:39:32 -0700
My friend Larry, is being a bit too effusive, but I'll take it.

I have no animosity toward guys who use FT8, this is a personal hobby and everyone has their own set of rules.  Personally, it isn't my cup of tea and I do not apply for DXCC credits for FT8 QSOs.  I do QSL via LoTW for the other guys.

A couple of clubs I'm in have almost unspoken internal competition for the most slots worked on some of the bigger DXpeditions and to remain competitive I'm forced into using FT8.  Frankly, I don't do this on every expedition. Nevertheless, that's why the program is on the computer.

To keep this on-topic, I worked H40TT on 20 SSB today and told him that we'd like some CW on topband. He said that was the other op, but thought he would be trying tonight (our morning).

Wes   N7WS