Re: [TenTec] Century 22 filter mod idea

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Century 22 filter mod idea
From: Garry Nichols <garrnich@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 14:25:56 -0400
Thank you, Ken!  My thinking is that if the CF is lower you would have to
tune less far away from zero beat to get a sig into the center of the
filter.  So with the reduction spectrum you might encounter fewer
interfering sigs, on average.  In this case 750-500=250Hz closer to zero
beat on either side.  Diminishing returns perhaps (if I am even correct)!

My main objective is to lower the CF to a value pleasant to my ears!  Nice
to know there are others out there who like a low CW frequency!

73,

Garry