Re: [TenTec] Orion II Repair Questions

To: w3idt@comcast.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Repair Questions
From: dukeshifi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:45:32 -0500
OK.

There are other things that can go wrong with the A9 board so I am still
focused on it.

Can you put a voltmeter on the 5 volt line as you vary the 13.8 volt input? It
should not change very much. This was not the best 5 volt switching supply
anybody ever designed bu tit generally should be able to hold within 200 mV
when varying the input from ~12 to ~15 volts.

Gary

W0DVN