[TenTec] Century 22 question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century 22 question
From: Garry Nichols <garrnich@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 08:34:27 -0400
I've noticed that my Century 22 changes frequency slightly when the tuning
knob is touched.  I've just realized that this may be having my hand near
the panel just in front of the PTO.  I will have to check that aspect out.

The frequency change is only slight but if I have tuned to get "just the
right pitch" on a CW signal it is enough to alter it away from that spot.

Is this normal for this rig?

The PTO action works very well, so before I got it a little over a year ago
someone must have disassembled the PTO for a refurbish.  I'm wondering if
it went back together properly.

TNX ES 73,

Garry  WA1GWH
near Syracuse, NY