Re: [TenTec] Orion tuning dial drag

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion tuning dial drag
From: Bernie Skoch via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 01:28:55 +0000 (UTC)
Mike,
The ring may have gotten lightly fused to the back of the knob.
I recommend you remove the knob and get a look at the copper tongues (with felt
pads) and see if they have seized to the knob back.
The knob comes off by first removing the rubber ring, then with (in my case) a
5/64 Allen wrench. (I think some used a simple slot head screw.) Once you get
it off it is pretty obvious how it works.
73,Bernie