[TenTec] ATU-100: Just wondering

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>, "ten-tec-omni-vii@yahoogroups.com" <ten-tec-omni-vii@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ATU-100: Just wondering
From: Ron Notarius W3WN via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 19:31:48 +0000 (UTC)
A little while ago, I picked up an ATU-100 automatic antenna tuner off of
everyone's favorite auction site.
[ For those not familiar... this is a 100 W nominal, 150 W maximum, ATU,
originally designed by N7DDC.  You can find it at, amongst other places,
everyone's least favorite auction site.  It's available anywhere from a bare
board, to a full kit, all the way up to a completely finished unit, complete
with a small LED display ]
I'm very happy so far with the device, which is not exactly on topic with the
reflector.
But I'm just wondering... and this is in no way a complaint, just wondering...
How hard would it be adapt one of these units to take the place of the
near-unobtanium internal ATU that were available for the Omni VII, Eagle, and
other rigs?  I know my Omni VII isn't the only one sold, back in the day,
without the internal ATU.
It's not a big deal, mind you.  But it seems like it OUGHT to be something
relatively simple to do... isn't it?