[TenTec] Centurion Amplifier draws negative grid current-help requested

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion Amplifier draws negative grid current-help requested
From: Dave’s <k2dp@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 07:42:43 -0600
Hi all,

My Centurion amp is drawing negative grid current and has no power output. I
have checked the power transformer, diode string and filter caps and verified
with an external VOM that I have 3000vdc on the plates. I have also changed the
tubes, no improvement.

Any thoughts as to the root cause? I had replaced the pesky bias transistor 5
years ago when the unit would not key in transmit. The symptoms are different
now, since the unit will go into transmit when keyed by my xcvr.

Appreciate any thoughts. My Centurion is 27 years old.

Thanks and 73,
Dave, K2DP

Sent from my iPad