Re: [TenTec] [TentecOrionSeries] Orion II and KPA500

To: "tentecorionseries@groups.io" <tentecorionseries@groups.io>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, "TentecOrionSeries@groups.io" <TentecOrionSeries@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [TentecOrionSeries] Orion II and KPA500
From: James Owen via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 01:17:29 +0000 (UTC)
DX engineering sells  a decoder but not sure it will do what you want. I have
an Orion II that I use with a SPE Expert 1.3k-FA and it takes the band info
from the serial port. Also the SPE has a frequency counter and will switch
bands when it see a different frequency from what band is set.  My biggest
problem, if it is, I have the serial port driving both the amplifier and the
computer input to the logging program.  If the logging program is not active
the serial port will not switch the linear and have to let it switch by
measuring the frequency.
73 Jim K4CGY

James C. Owen, III K4CGY

    On Saturday, January 16, 2021, 7:01:40 PM EST, Barry Simpson - VK2BJ
<vk2bj.au@gmail.com> wrote:

 | Gooday all
I use my Orion II with my KPA500 and usually try to manually switch bands
rather than rely on the RF sensing.
I would really like to use the band information output from the Orion II to
automatically switch bands on the KPA500.
Does anybody know of a band decoder which is compatible with both pieces of
equipment or alternatively has anyone designed something home brew to achieve
the purpose.
Barry Simpson  VK2BJ |

 _._,_._,_  Groups.io Links:

 View/Reply Online (#289) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic
| New Topic
 Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [k4cgy@yahoo.com]

_._,_._,_