[TenTec] Omni VI Plus Cat control update

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus Cat control update
From: Karl Heimbach <kheimbach@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 12:09:37 -0600
First, thank you all for your help.

I had to use a FTDI cable as the PC the Omni VI is connected to has three serial ports in the expansion slots and doesn't have room for a fourth.

I played with this radio until 1:20 AM last night and started on it again this morning.

I now have flrig working properly and have saved the configuration just as I have for my Pegasus, Argonaut V, and Xiegu G90.  From what I can tell, Windows and Linux sometimes confuse the two FTDI adapters I have plugged in (the second is for a Winkeyer).

Several reboots were needed to get everything sorted out and working properly. I suspect that even though the FTDI adapters are identified correctly, the operating system is sending instructions to the wrong one.  I will  probably have the same issue once I shut the PC down and restart it.  I've seen the same problem using a FTDI adapters with the Xiegu and Winkeyer.

I did download DXLab Suite and it works fine for now.  I will change settings in WSJT-X to allow CAT control via flrig instead of hamlib and suspect there will not be an issue until a reboot. N3FJP Amateur Contact Log, using the Winkeyer, will not transmit although it sees the Omni VI and returns proper data during the polls.

Karl - W5QJ