Re: [TenTec] 238C TUNER

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 238C TUNER
From: Bob McGraw <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 09:06:05 -0500
Tentec is presently doing service work in Sevierville.   They have a large backlog of work due to the COVID shut-down starting in March.   They are not accepting any new service work at this time.

As to the 238 tuner {I don't know about a 538} they are rock solid and contain only passive parts.  Other then physical destruction or a major lightning strike, there is little to nothing to fail.   Components used in the SWR/PWR circuit are generic and can be obtained in many  many places.

If one racks the ANT selector or IMPEDANCE selector with power applied, any fault which may occur is the result of lacking operator discipline.   NEVER switch with power applied as it can cause transmitter PA failure.

73

Bob, K4TAX