Re: [TenTec] Size of Ten-Tec grounding bolt

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Size of Ten-Tec grounding bolt
From: Bob McGraw <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 13:01:16 -0500
You should not consider any internal grounding method for lightning protection.   That MUST be done on each feed-line and rotor cable outside of the structure.  The purpose of connecting each piece of equipment to a common point is to assure each piece is always at the same voltage potential.  My common point is my station power supply.   Do not rely on coax shield and connections for this purpose.

73

Bob, K4TAX