Re: [TenTec] More Omni D problems

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] More Omni D problems
From: tfr001@myfairpoint.net
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 17:48:45 -0400
Ding ding ding We have a winner...
Mike, I assume you meant the "Hamlin" relay on the SWR board (inside the
lowpass filter box) ?
I just checked it. It is indeed a little flaky... sometimes makes contact,
sometimes kinda resistive, sometimes no contact at all.
I don't know whether that is my total problem, but it's something. I'll take
anything at this point... been chasing this problem for many months.
Seems like an obvious answer now, too bad I didn't try it before!

So I'm in the market for one of these... "Hamlin HE551C5018"

-Tom N1OOQ
&nbsp;
&gt;Message: 2
&gt;Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 20:39:23 -0400
&gt;From: Mike Bryce &lt;prosolar@sssnet.com&gt;
&gt;To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment &lt;tentec@contesting.com&gt;
&gt;Subject: Re: [TenTec] More Omni D problems
&gt;Message-ID: &lt;34A0D947-ED9F-44D1-B847-95A11FC44895@sssnet.com&gt;
&gt;Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
&gt;
&gt;tom?.
&gt;
&gt;have you looked at the reed relay on the output board?
&gt;
&gt;I had an Omni C do exactly the same thing. No TX and the rec was way off.
The reed relay had its contacts fail
&gt;
&gt;Mike, WB8VGE
&gt;www.theheathkitshop.com