[TenTec] Omni VI Frequency Calibration and Correct Manual

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Frequency Calibration and Correct Manual
From: Barry Simpson <vk2bj@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 10:30:32 +1000
 I have recently acquired an Omni VI Option 3 which is working but needs
some TLC to bring it up to par both physically and electronically.

One thing I need to do is to correct the frequency calibration as on 10mHz
WWV it is off by around 100Hz on USB and LSB and about 120Hz on CW.

I thought I would have a preliminary go at it and I have been trying to
follow KG7KDX's instructions on the Ten Tec Wiki. I located what I believe
to be C31 on the logic board but adjusting that trimmer makes absolutely no
difference to the frequency so I don't know what it is I have been
adjusting or how I do actually adjust the calibration.

Going on from there, I have downloaded both the Omni VI and Omni VI+
manuals from the TenTec website but I believe that the Omni VI+ manual is
incorrect as all the circuit boards have exactly the same numbers and
circuits as the Omni VI whereas my rig has some boards with numbers that do
not appear in either manual or the addendum.

Can anyone help me please with:
1. A copy of the correct Omni VI+ manual
2. The correct calibration instructions for using 10mHz WWV. What is it
exactly that I adjust ???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Barry Simpson  VK2BJ