Re: [TenTec] Omni-D with an Annoying 1khz Tone

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-D with an Annoying 1khz Tone
From: <forum4ll@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 03:29:59 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Carlos,
Thanks for the link to the Corsair. Looks like the whining issue is
resolved by just removing the 560pf cap between pin 16 and Vccon the IC4, the
MK50398N. This cap was to enable the scan oscillator.I can't seem to find any
explanation as to why this is needed butit must serve some function only an
electrical engineer would know.

I now have a different problem and that is the first two digits of thefrequency
display is incorrect for 10, 14, 21, 28, and 29mhz. I willstart a new thread on
that and describe the problem in more detail.

LymanKK6LPW

> Hi Lyman,

>I don't know why do you have that funny reading on 10 MHz. I have
>never studied the heterodyne VFO topology or which corrections is the
>frequency counter making depending on the selected band.

>My feeling is that the frequency counter module is applying the same
>settings that correspond to the 10 meter band.

>There is a brief description here on how the Corsair works (not
>exactly your radio, but not a distant relative either)

>http://www.radiomanual.info/schemi/Vari/Ten-Tec_Corsair_560_review_1984.pdf

73,
Carlos VK1EA