Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 won't boot up

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 won't boot up
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 12:41:41 -0500
There is no battery in the RTC chip.  It maintains time via the 3 volt
lithium battery that is used for the Omni VI memories.

The only Ten Ten with an internal battery for the RTC was in the Paragon
series, which used a Dallas RTC chip that had a small battery hidden inside.

However I do not know if a defective chip (blown logic) will cause that
problem in the Omni VI series.  But, I have seen where an encoder or other
input signal was causing the CPU to halt on false interrupts that will
cause all other functions to appear dead.

I assume you checked all of the reset lines on the CPU devices to ensure
they are working.

Hope this helps find the issue.

regards

peter