Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ for sale (from last production run)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ for sale (from last production run)
From: MadScientist <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 22:15:01 -0600
> The receive signal has an intermittent slight loss in signal
> strength.  I know the issue lies somewhere after the front end board
> because it does not occur on the 9MHz IF signal.  So the new owner should
> be prepared to do a little troubleshooting.

I was wondering what you meant when you said that the issue was somewhere after
the front end. You said that “it” does not occur on the 9 MHz IF signal. How
did you determine that?

I am working on it right now and the sensitive loss is more than “slight” so I
am wondering if something else went awry.

On 80 and 40 meters, with a known dipole, I only get less than S1 noise, which
has never happened before, at night.

Gary