Re: [TenTec] century 22

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] century 22
From: Garry Nichols <garrnich@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 17:47:41 -0500
Gary,

I think that you are saying that the C21 mixes all the RF input signals
across a switch selected 500 kHz band with a fixed crystal oscillator
signal.  This creates a band inside the radio that is always at 5-5.5 mHz.

Then then the 5-5.5 mHz PTO tunes across that spectrum mixing (product
detector type) with signals and the difference frequency is AF.

Am I following that correctly?

If so, can we call it a double conversion DC receiver?

And, why do you favor that scheme over "normal" product detection such as
in the C22?

TU,

Garry WA1GWH