[TenTec] TT 238 Dial Pointer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] TT 238 Dial Pointer
From: Jim Roller <n4ir@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 09:50:41 -0400
I have a TenTec 238 tuner in need of help. Some time ago the dial pointer decided to break itself into several non-repairable pieces with some help (N4IR) which makes it difficult to operate to say the least. I have searched the web with no good results. Found one but had to buy the 229 tuner it was in -an expensive piece of plastic. This was used in the 229, 229A, 238 and 4229 circa 1990 or so. It is red plastic with a pulley and a post that connects to the dial string nightmare. Anyone with a junker of the above or someone who bought a bunch in the TemTec sell-off? I would be eternally grateful for any help finding one. I really don't want to get into installing a turns counter since my mechanical talents are poor, to say the least!

Please contact me off-list if you can help at n4ir@charter.net. TIA,

Jim, N4IR