Re: [TenTec] 20/17

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 20/17
From: Ken Brown <kenradiobrown@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 14:17:06 -1000
I Just checked my Omni VI manual, and the Low Pass filters and bandpass
filters are not shared that way. In other words 20 meters does not share a
lowpass filter with any other band, nor does it share a bandpass filter
with any other band. 17 meters does share low pass filters with 15 meter,
but does not share BPF with 15.

Where 17 meters and 20 meters do share circuits, that are not used by other
bands is in the bandpass filters used by the L.O. Mixer, on the XTAL OSC. -
L.O. Mixer Board. I would look at all connections and parts associated with
D31, D32, D37, D42. If you look at the  XTAL OSC. - L.O. Mixer Board
schematic you will see what I mean. Unfortunately that board is hidden
inside a box, underneath other boards. Not easy to get to at all. Start by
DeOxiting connectors you can get to without opening up that box. You may
get lucky.

DE N6KB