[TenTec] Has anyone taken off a Scout front panel?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Has anyone taken off a Scout front panel?
From: Kevin Anderson via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 14:27:18 +0000 (UTC)
Has anyone taken off the front panel of a Scout?  In particular, anything I
should know about dealing with the concentric knobs?

I need to get access to the SPEED/RIT switch, as it functions in the RIT
direction, but not to activate the SPEED settings. Either the switch itself is
off center and the edge of the front panel opening is interfering, or bad
connection, or bad switch itself.

I took the top and bottom covers off, and took off the inner knob of one of the
concentric knobs, but I am not sure what to do next. Being that parts are
plastic, I don't want to just start grabbing things with pliers or other tools
unless I have some clue what I am doing.  My goal is to gain access to the back
side of the front panel so I can check out the switches.  Or is it easier to
remove the speaker plate and go in from above?

Thank you in advance for advice. I am not very experienced in this compartment.

Cheers/73,
Kevin, K9IUA