[TenTec] scads of ic-1300

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] scads of ic-1300
From: Katz Ajamas <ajamas.rn@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 17:27:35 -0400
| Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 12:06:25 -0500
| From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
| To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
| Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 165, Issue 3
|
| Scads of them on QTH.com.

I took a look at QTH.com

Least expensive is $1285.
One  3rd hand for $1350!

New from DXengineering $1399 including shipping.

Warranty does not transfer.

I don't know about other folks, but anything more than 75% of new price for
a used radio, without warranty, without trying it first, is too much.
Especially for a new product. Think about buying a used, "new" ic-7100
second hand and then having to pay to have the screen replaced.

I see the occasional used TS590SG at $1000. If I wanted one, that's the
right price.

-bob ah7i