Re: [TenTec] I hate to say it but...

To: Greg S <oldlongbeard@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] I hate to say it but...
From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 08:44:06 -0500
I did NOT say that the K3 was perfect in every way. I said that comes closer to
a “perfected Omni 6+” than other radios I have owned, and I have owned 30 or so
DIFFERENT models, almost all brands, in the past 5 years.

This is the first Elecraft that has crossed my desk.

I agree with Barry, who has restated what I said about 6 months ago, that the
DSP in the Omni 6 is the main driver in terms of the annoying SSB receive
audio. I successfully bypassed the DSP in one Omni 6 I had and it sounded
pretty good, even better when I switched in the 3.1 KHz crystal filters in both
IF’s.

My comment about the K3 was meant to simply be my version what we each regard
as our “ideal” future  radio from Ten Tec.

Maybe it’s just me but I never seem to have problems with the mode and band
selectors on the K3… Up arrow goes up, down arrow goes down. I only have to
push ONE button to change modes, not a menu plus mode selection.

Keep in mind that this discussion is OPINION, not a discussion of facts. What
others like is allowed to be different from what I like. What I like is allowed
to be different rom what others like as well.

Gary
W0DVN