Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 14:18:39 -0700
On Tue,4/26/2016 1:58 PM, Jim Allen wrote:
In California, anyway, everyone who has a pulse can get a drivers license, and
those who can't drive anyway.

Not in my experience. Yes, since I had a valid IL license when I moved here, so thanks to reciprocity, I didn't have to take the driving test, but I did have to take a written test and have my vision checked. And since my XYL and I are over 70, we both had to re-take the written test and vision check to renew our licenses this spring.

FWIW, I find CA drivers generally better and see fewer accidents here than those in most places I've lived. Excepting one ethnic group I'll leave unmentioned which seems to be generally slow and out of it. (NOT Latino).

Of course, I live in Santa Cruz, which is part of the SF Bay area, where folks are generally quite mellow and more tolerant of other human beings -- life in other parts of this very large and diverse state may be a bit different. :)

73, Jim K9YC