[TenTec] KJ4WS says: Congrats to the Ten Tec Net

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] KJ4WS says: Congrats to the Ten Tec Net
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:15:37 -0500
*As the title says, Congratulations on the Fourth Anniversary of the Ten
Tec Nets. I am very proud of my One Hundred Check In Certificate. I am very
glad we got it before all these health problems. All of you guys are Great!
As my health gets better, expect to hear me again on my Paragon. Or maybe
even on my newly restored Triton Four. I am almost caught up on all my Long
Overdue work for several folks. Now we are looking forward to getting the
restoration done on my old Heavy, Big Iron Heathkit TX-1 ( Scratchy Apache
) Guys, it still amazes me that two 6146 tubes will stand up and take a
ninety watt carrier output on AM. And then show 400 Watts or better
PEP output with the 100% Plate Modulation. Of course at One Hundred and
Eight Pounds, there is nothing Light Weight in this old transmitter. They
just don't build them like this anymore. Especially the Power Supply. For
now we are using the C line Drakes ( R-4C T-4XC ) and are very happy with
that restoration. Ten Tec gear is where my heart is, has been for a long
time. *
*
    73 Guys from Wade/KJ4WS*

--
*Living one day at a time with Jesus as my Savior. But, still having Fun.*