Re: [TenTec] Fw: HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY TEN-TEC NETS

To: glcazzola@alice.it
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fw: HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY TEN-TEC NETS
From: John Henry <jshenry1963@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 08:42:09 -0500
Ian,

TEN-TEC isn't dead.
They are in the process of rebuilding.
Whereas previous ownership had sold off a lot of the infrastructure to make
product in house, Mr. Dishop is working on rebuilding the ability to do
everything in house that they had done in the past.
It will take time.
I know that for a fact because I talk with the new owner Steven M. Dishop
from time to time.
It is going to take time.

I am happy that you did get a K3S, it does have impressive numbers,
followers, etc. I'm sure it will meet your amateur radio operator needs.
Just as a new TEN-TEC would when they start coming off the line again. When
someone needs or wants something new, they have to review what is available
at the moment, and I advise, just as I use to do when I was a TEN-TEC
employee, answering calls, talking at ham ventions, etc. I have always
advised people that if they want something new, and if TEN-TEC doesn't have
it, or if TEN-TEC did but it didn't have a feature they needed, then by all
means go figure out which of the Elecraft equipment would suit your needs
LONG before any other company, other than maybe Flex if you wanted an SDR.
Just as with your experience, I also have nothing but praise to say about
Elecraft, their owners, their product, and their support. Good American
owned/made company. I do appreciate also though the people that are giving
Mr. Dishop time to rebuild TEN-TEC and will then make their amateur radio
product purchases then. Service is going strong, getting TEN-TEC rigs
serviced and back at a very good and acceptable time frame.

Take care,
73, KI4JPL
John Henry
No, I have no financial or ownership or job relationship with TEN-TEC. So,
this is coming from someone on the outside just as much as everyone else in
this group, but, I am someone who takes the time to discuss status and
other stuff with Mr. Dishop rather than just conjecture or spread
speculation of gloom and doom.