[TenTec] Flex 5000 With Hercules DJ Panel

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Flex 5000 With Hercules DJ Panel
From: terry foskey via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 23:13:21 +0000 (UTC)
My need for knobs was satisfied on my Flex 5000A Dual Rx with a Hercules DJ
Panel, you can download the compatible GUI from one of the German Hams and
assign whatever function your heart desires to numerous knobs.  Has Dual VFO
knobs which I have assigned to A and B, power, CW speed, filters, BW settings,
ETC.  I tried an early 6300 and didn't like the software and it was not
compatible with the Hercules.  Sold it and went back to 5000.  The Maestro was
a nice stroke and like Rick and others stated I expect to see similar offerings
from other Ham equipment manufacturers in the near future.
N5TF,Terry