[TenTec] Using a Yamaha CM500 headset with TT Orion II - advice needed!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Using a Yamaha CM500 headset with TT Orion II - advice needed!
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 19:22:56 -0400
Hi Steve -

I think all your questions can be answered by referring to an article on page 64 of the November 2013 QST Magazine, written by some boy genius who tried to address the very concerns you voice. He had concocted a circuit that included a L-pad to attenuate the rather "hot" signal from a computer type gaming headset, and also attenuate the bias voltage provided by Pin 2 of the 8-pin front panel MIC IN Foster Jack.

I happen to have a copy of that article... so I will send it to you off list. I have used that same circuit with my Orion II, Omni VII, and multiple Brand X radios, for the same reasons you touch on in your post.

Happy days, and hope my materials help address your concerns.