[TenTec] Eagle 9MHz tap questions.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Eagle 9MHz tap questions.
From: Katz Ajamas <ajamas.rn@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 10:10:17 -0500
Ten Tec manual says Aux 1 connector is a 9MHz IF tap, 50 Ohm.

"Starting with Serial Number 305136000O, the Rear Panel of the Eagle shows
AUX 1 and AUX 2.
AUX 1 is pre-installed upon shipment of the transceiver with a tap into the
9MHz IF."

"In Receive mode, the 9MHz IF level will be approximately 15db less than
the actual carrier level
when measured at the antenna connector. Depending upon the intended usage,
this means that you
may want to put a buffer amp after the AUX1 output jack before your device
that will utilize this
output.
In Transmit mode, the level at the 9 MHz output connector will range from
–30 dBm (on 160M) to
–15 dBm (on 6M). The TX level was measured with the radio programmed for
100 watts output on
each band.
The impedance of the 9MHz IF tap at AUX 1 is 50 Ohms."

Questions.
1. Can someone save me digging into the radio and tell me just where the
tap is made?
2. If properly terminated, what does the passband(antenna to tap) look
like?

Thanks,
-Bob
ah7i/w4