Re: [TenTec] RADIO COMPARISONS

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RADIO COMPARISONS
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:48:04 -0400
There is no reason a new operator should start with a simple, less capable rig. Why hobble him early on. The default settings on any rig will serve well, while he learns to use its more esoteric features. He should buy whatever radio suits his taste, budget, and expectations.

The Omni VII was my first ham transceiver and I am glad I did not buy the first piece of road kill found at a local hamfest, as many other hams recommend. I knew it was a good choice when the contest group asked me to bring my Omni VII to the big show, whilst they left their Brand X rigs home.

Always reach for the brass ring.