Re: [TenTec] Centurion issue.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion issue.
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 19:35:09 -0500
The high voltage insulation was Glyptol, and was in a little bottle from General Cement Co. now GC products I think.

You could also check at the home centers for the stuff they sell to dip plier handles in for a better grip and electrical insulation. I don't know if you have enough space to use its thicker coating, but just a thought.

Check old handbooks or on web for breakdown voltage of white shellac. You can build up layers of that stuff to increase its voltage withstanding.

Did the re-arcing happen in the old trace or just at a plate edge? If at plate edge, try radiusing the edge instead of a sharp corner. Might have to polish out file tool marks with ruby polishing paper.

-Stuart Rohre
K5KVH