Re: [TenTec] tenTec merger, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] tenTec merger, etc.
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 10:09:15 -0700
And ARRL loves to crow about the increase in individuals getting licensed, and the all-time high in total licensees in the US.
Well, folks, this is where a lot of your new Technicians are coming from.

In many public agencies, especially those who are first-responders, staff are being "encouraged" to get their Tech. license. I have a good friend who is Deputy Chief of a local fire department. He has his Tech. license, and a couple of HTs, but has no interest in going any farther in ham radio. I tell him about the regional hamfests and conventions that I attend, and the HF antennas and equipment that I buy, but I may as well be talking into a mic with the power to the radio turned off.

73 de Jim - AD6CW