Re: [TenTec] Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC Merge

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC Merge
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 15:42:10 -0400
Very interesting! I sure didn't see this one coming.

I love Ten-Tec products and my amp is a Alpha SX made back in 83 so I
appreciate both corporations products. The thing I wonder from this
merger comes from Alpha always being at the top of the price point
for what they produce. I'm afraid the Amps from this merger are going
to end up being priced too high for the average ham to be interested
in. I've always felt TenTec was fairly priced in the middle of the
price range but with excellent engineering. I expect to see the price
of the new amps to be higher in proportion than TenTec used to offer.

That being "my" concern, it'll be interesting to see what direction
they go with this. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

73

And good luck to all with the merger!

Gary
KA1J