[TenTec] Eagle problem?

To: "TenTec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Eagle problem?
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 14:06:33 -0500
A local amateur recently chose to take a new Eagle on the 30 day evaluation
plan. He likes the receiver but has had problems with the transmitter (after a
few minutes on transmit the cooling fans spool up and the radio shuts down).
He communicated with Ten-Tec Service, followed instructions for power,
grounding, etc. but was unable to resolve the TX shutdown problem. The Eagle
was sent back to Ten-Tec for service, but upon return it appears to have the
same problems as before. I saw the Eagle and a disappointed customer this
morning. He is at or near the 30 day mark of the evaluation and is troubling
over a decision of returning the Eagle Friday morning to get his money back or
buying a radio with an apparent problem.

I have no skin in this game. I am a Ten-Tec Ambassador but to the best of my
knowledge, I have not been identified as such for this Eagle and will not
benefit one way or another. I am however a long time owner, user, and proponent
of Ten-Tec products and see the possibility of disappointed and dissatisfied
customer as the result of misunderstanding or miscommunication. Any positive
suggestions to solve this problem for a friend is greatly appreciated.

73 & DX,
Gary - AB9M