[TenTec] Yamaha CM500, thanks

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Yamaha CM500, thanks
From: "Phil Sikes" <psikes@whidbey.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 09:38:53 -0800
Thanks for all the input, I am using the battery box now but do not like the
idea of using batteries if the voltage is readily available at the mike jack
as it is. I did set the mike gain down to 0dB and that make it useable, just
a lot further from my face than I am used to and a little concerned about
external noises getting into my signal path. I normally ran my Ten Tec Heil
mike at 2.5 dB of gain so if I can get the CM500 padded so it will run in
that area it would make it much easier to swap them out.

73 - Phil, N7UX

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN
A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT
A RIDE!!!"