Re: [TenTec] Explanations of the Different Types of Filtering on Radios

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Explanations of the Different Types of Filtering on Radios
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 17:38:33 -0400

On 8/30/2013 4:51 PM, Jim Brown wrote:

One of the best things we can do with a new ham, or with any ham who
wants to learn, is point them to the Handbook.

        Right.  I was criticized for making that same
        recommendation on another radio discussion
        group.  Go figure.

        I am a night owl, and I recently put the ARRL
        Handbook on the kitchen table to read whenever
        I cannot get to sleep, rather than sit up
        all night on the computer in the shack.

        Funny thing... not only am I learning more,
        but, lately, I fall asleep easier and earlier.

        Hmmm... coincidence?

(True story. I started with the chapter on transmission lines, because Rick DJ0IP convinced me I don't know enough about feed lines - and he is RIGHT! Thanks Rick.)